Miss Philippines Shamcey Supsup placed as 2011 Miss Universe pageant third runner-up that was held in Sao Paulo, Brazil. She ranked a place higher to Venus Raj who finished as fourth runner-up last year.

Shamcey Supsup Question and Answer portion

Vivica A. Fox is the one who deliver the question to Ms. Shamcey Supsup and it goes this way:

“Would you change your religious belifes to marry the person you love? Why or why not?"

Supsup answered: "If I have to change my religious beliefs, I would not marry the person that I love. Because the first person that I love is God, who created me."

"I have my faith and my principles, and this is what makes me who I am. If the person loves me, he'll love my God, too," she added.

From among the top 5 contestant, Shamcey is the only who answer the judge’s question without the help of any interpreter.

There are a lot of good feedbacks that Shamcey received across the internet and one of our favorite is what Oprah Winfrey quoted via NBC News.

"I have reservations with the results. If the only basis is the Q and A portion, after having been trimmed down to 5, Ms. Philippines deserved to win. What made her different from the rest is that she had no seconds to rethink of her answer as she had no interpreter to break the ice. The rest had their interpreters and having breaks on seconds to think about their answers. Hands down, Ms. Philippines answered straight to the point." "I have reservations with the results. If the only basis is the Q and A portion, after having been trimmed down to 5, Ms. Philippines deserved to win. What made her different from the rest is that she had no seconds to rethink of her answer as she had no interpreter to break the ice. The rest had their interpreters and having breaks on seconds to think about their answers. Hands down, Ms. Philippines answered straight to the point."

Here’s the list of 2011 Miss Universe Winners:

Miss Universe 2011 – Miss Angola, Leila Lopes
1st Runner-up – Miss Ukraine, Olesya Stefanko
2nd Runner-up – Miss Brazil, Priscila Machado
4th Runner-up – Miss China, ZiLin Luo
Again, congratulations to you Shamcey Supsup. We are proud of you.

[image source:yahoo.com]

Want to receive updates via email? Subscribe Here:

Enter your email address:

0 Comments